View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Forming a non-profit

Sorry about not posting the idea, not a secret.

The idea is this:

I want to set up an organization that raises money in order to sponsor a sort of donor travel(ers). Basically I would probably be the first person to do this, but I'm not very qualified so if someone else became a better choice or a lot of money rolled in quickly then there would be other people.. hopefully lots of people.

It's very simple.. and it wouldn't necessarily take a non-profit as rich people could do it themselves, the idea is to have the NPO so they could give money and not bother with the travel.

The donor-traveler would go to some chosen dismal place, I have in mind rural but this isn't necessary either... and look around, ask the elders what would make things less dismal, or figure out some other way, and then with their sponsorship dig a well or buy sewing machines or a fridge or whatever.

Sustainability and self-reliance would be core values. So I would rather see the organization giving tools and teaching things rather than buying a bunch of rice that has only delayed starvation.

The long term goal is more to start a trend than a non-profit

A hundred or two is no problem. I have no idea how to find a 'good' CPA. and stormstarter, i lol'd.. wrote this post and lol'd again.

Edit: I would also like a catchy new noun to label the donor-traveler, I don't know what to call him/her. Also a name for the organization itself. Ideas for either are greatly appreciated