View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: bottom two against rocky

[ QUOTE ]
his play of A9 this way is a little strange but ive seen him play AK like this as well and of course take the free card on the turn. that's why i felt AK was possible.

one thing that affected the flop play was i had been getting really aggressive, particularly in 3 betting the button's raises out of my sb, forcing him to fold a lot of hands in the bb that he wanted to play for 1 more bet. so he was a bit fed up with my aggression. also i had been c/ring him a lot on flops when he raised and i called in the bb. so i think this was a "i have a pair this time and im going to 3 bet you and maintain control of the hand" flop 3 bet. i actually sensed that on the flop and almost 4 bet and in retrospect should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was really surprised he had A9 here. One thing I noticed about him is that overall he plays pretty ABC with some trickiness mixed in, but against the notorious lags he goes overly ballistic sometimes. One hand in Arizona he raised mid position and a very good LAG 3 bet him and he called, and then proceeded to check 6 bet the 8 high flop with just JJ.