View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Who Made The Bigger Mistake? -- Stars $73+7 Bubble Play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF. You know this is a satellite, right? You also know that the top 5 get seats, and the short stack is UTG? Also hero is 4/6 in chips, not the short stack. You said "you're 54% to win, perfect." NO, NOT PERFECT. You were probably 85% to get a seat at minimum to fold. Now you're 54% to win. AWFUL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this really isn't even up for debate, IMO. I'm certain pushing was way wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I should clarify that my post here was to make sure T'cat was grasping the situation. He was saying others weren't, but it looked to me like he wasn't.

I knew you had figured out/decided that shoving was no good. I do think it's a little excusable because you had seen the big stack fold to raises as you said, so you made an (incorrect) read that he was playing perfectly and grabbed for some chips. I think with your read it at least gets closer, I just don't think you NEED the chips enough to do it. With your read, had, say, UTG doubled to 6500, then I would jam here, b/c you are in more danger of missing, and you have reason to believe that BB will fold any hand.