View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Revealed Preferences (people are liars)

Are you serious man? Allow me to quote you, from this very thread:

[ QUOTE ]

But of course magical angelic omnipresent, omniscient, omnibenevolent bureaucrats and politicians suffer none of these failings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gimmicky, sarcastic quick about politicians. Yes, we have actually seen this post already in 95% of AC related thread, but please by all means, post it again...

The rest, well you can say that I've determined that your posts in other threads have "revealed preferences"... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But seriously, do you want to continue to quote that post and not address any of the (IMO) interesting and on topic parts? I at least try to sprinkle in a little factoid here or there along with my baseless attacks...

Although, while I'm at it, you highlighted the following:

[ QUOTE ]
I see no attempt to answer these questions, besides simply "this is how person X does it and this is how person Y does it and we can't argue because how could you know better". Well, I do know better, and I won't accept the argument that I don't simply because it is conceivable that I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this really not conflict with anything you, or perhaps pvn, has posted in the past? Because I'm fairly sure that in the trans fat thread, the crux of the argument against laws such as "No trans fat" is that I can't possibly know that someone would prefer not to eat trans fat. If I got the mistaken impression, please feel free to correct me, as it seems relevant to this thread.

edit: Perhaps instead of "crux" I should say it was an important prong.