View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Law School Application Time

also, to actually respond to the op, noah is right that you should not limit yourself due to application price. borrow money from parents, do whatever you have to do, but this is one of the bigger investments you'll make in your life (and probably the biggest one you've made yet), so don't like a few hundred bucks deter you from giving yourself every possible opportunity.

actually, just listen to noah about all these questions. he knows what hes talking about. i think basically the LoRs and PSs, if they are REALLY good, can make a difference, and if you are a really marginal decision for a school, can make a difference... but typically its going to be a gpa+lsat+demographic calculation, with a few people falling on the bubble and a few people who get accepted just because they have a great life story/great recommendation. i know that in my case i had a great LoR that helped me get into schools that maybe i shouldnt have with my gpa/lsat/demographic (2.9, 164, white male from the east coast), but its not as though i suddenly got into nyu (although they had a very nice letter of rejection) (i had to apply to at least one absurd reach, right?).