View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: TT faces 10x reraise. WTF to do here?

[ QUOTE ]
However, can we talk about the raise size? Doesn't raising more reduce villan's range for shoving over and also make limper's call of our raise (absent the shove) less correct? I guess, I'm asking what the purpose of the 120 raise is since it prices the limper into the pot and encourages CO and Button to come along?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero made a standard raise: 3+n x bb (x = number of limpers). Eg. - If you're first in the pot (and blinds are t30), raise is t90. If there is 1 limper, raise is t90 + t30 = t120.

At this level, we make raises proportional to the blinds to balance different aspects of the game such as bettting consistentcy so we do not provide reads on our play, controlling pot size, distorting odds for weaker hands, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "encouraging CO and Button to come along"? How would they know whether the original limper would call the bet and give them implied odds. They folded the hand in question. (A better argument would be that if CO and button smoothcalled, then MP2 would be have great pot odds to call.)

And if the limper has an inferior hand, why wouldn't we want him to call our raise? We have position, a solid pp, and we know how to play poker. Bring it on!