View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: AA: on monotone flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks triggerle, great advice!. If this hand was against someone you know is a descent player(pretty aggro and capable of raising w/a draw) and he makes a standard raise over you c-bet would you shove on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would certainly push the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because I'm not entirely in bad shape (about 30% equity) even if he has a flush, which he will not have 100% of the time.

With your hand I still don't like pushing the flop because you are almost dead to a flush. I would probably call and fold the turn when he insists on making this a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you call the flop you have to stack off on safe turns. or just fold to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. My last thought was for the special situation of a decent but very aggro player who will take a one-shot at you on the flop but who will not mindlessly bluff of his whole stack. Against this special type of opponent I can imagine that you can sometimes call the flop raise just to see if he follows up big on the turn (esp. since we are in position)

Edit: misread the position thing (BB threw me off) so this makes you even more right.