View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

congrats on your results.

some suggestions: in your (imaginary?) portfolio, indicate what % of your allocations you'd give to each of your picks and track the entire thing. in your post above you listed 5 stocks. how much of each would you hold if you were managing this portfolio? do you hold or did you hold/recommend any other stocks? if so, what %s?

if you PM me your email address i'll send you an excel sheet to show you what i mean. (i.e. i'll do the first one for you based on these 5 picks and assuming they are all evenly allocated).

the reason is because our minds are wired to remember the best trades we did and having a solid track record is important if you really want to track your reco's which it sounds like you do.

secondly, this is a very very cocky post. especially this part:

[ QUOTE ]
This is post is meant to be condescending and challenge your way of thinking. The reason many of you are not rich is because you fail to realize how inefficient the markets are and keep falling into the trap of managed funds that produce mediocre results yet charge high fees. Picking good to great individual stocks is the way to go, and is really not that hard to do, as I have shown time after time again

[/ QUOTE ]

so you've shown time and time again ... for 2 months? that is very poor taste.

kimchi already said it but it is worth repeating. 2 months is nothing. absolutely nothing. you talk like you've been at this for 5 (hugely successful) years. even i am humble and curious. you seem to be cocky and know-it-all.

and i don't really think you understand the efficiency argument. anybody can pick any number of stocks and they can have huge gains...but those gains are random. it doesn't say you can never beat the market over 2 months.

personally i don't believe markets are efficient, but i do think they are hard to beat over the long run. you seemt o think it is a cakewalk.

anyways, congrats on your results so far. my advice: tone it down and stay curious.

Barron