View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: (razz) what\'s the best low you\'ve folded?

That's always been an operative theory of mine, that no one folds an 8. I have, in multi-way pots. I've probably even folded a 76 before. Does that really make sense though? What's the relative strength of an 87 compared to, say, stud hi hands? I think of it like a weak 2 pair, and plenty of people can fold that.

I think one of the things that makes razz so different from high games, or even split games, is that there is a definite continuum of hands, and your opponent's board only gives a clue to his hand - it's not like stud hi where your opponent can show 4 cards that indicate a hand miles beyond yours (in stud you can show 2 pair, trips, a 4 flush or a 4 straight, etc, etc)

Further, unless someone's showing 3 cards you always know they're drawing but unlike in high games, you often won't know if the hand their drawing to will by definition beat any hand you can draw to or not.

I don't think I'd ever fold an 8 on 7th. I've definitely folded if on 5th and 6th before. But if I get to 7th with an 8 it's because I think it's probably good.