View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Bluffing in SnGs

[ QUOTE ]
So, basically you are saying people should call SB raises and bluff A/Kxx flops? Ok, insightful post.

Also, I think punishing the SB limpers early in a sng is giving away EV in the late stages. What I mean is that by the time the blinds get big, the SB will have realized your strategy. I would rather let him think his SB completes will go unpunished and allow him to continuously give me free flops in position with my trash hand early. Then, when the blinds get big, I'll start punishing him making his completes a much bigger mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen!

Depending on stack sizes, I also will wait and let the villain make the obligatory flop min-bet and take that away with a bluff raise.

And (of course), against some opponents, I'll turn things around and be the one limping and bluffing the flop.

The other common bluff I run at SNGs is to raise a bet from an OOP player weakly leading into me when I raised pre-flop, regardless of whether or not I connected with the flop. Most of the time they give up immediately. It's safe to assume I have notes on who leads with made hands and who makes weak leads into pre-flop raisers.

Jeff