View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Bubble situation

i just ship pf since you have 13bb and there's a limper.

his range is super polarized to like qq+/ak and hands where he wanted to see a cheap flop by limping and is now spite shoving since you wouldn't let him. as played, it's hard to find a fold with so many of your chips in the pot. you need about 34% to break even and with a range of qq+ and ak you're 36% to win. if you add just a few hands that he might be spite shoving (22, JcTc, 4d5d), it's basically a flip (you're 44%). live payouts are typically very top heavy, so you need to gamble if you want to get to the top 3 with your stack.

if the table has been playing super tight, another possible option is to fold and show the hand. if everyone is an old live nit, they'll think you're a tight player because you fold pocket pairs or something like that. by folding, you keep the bubble intact and can shove frequently with your tight image and own their blinds since they're too afraid to finish out of the money and are folding way too many hands. i can't really say if this is better because i don't know the table dynamics, but a case can certainly be made for preserving your stack instead of calling it off.