View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: I Need to Move Up To Where My Raises Get Respect...

Guys, I have a serious problem. A few years ago my brother and I were in a car crash where Alex thought his 1991 Nissan Sentra could take a 90 degree turn in the rain at 30-35 miles per hour. We ended up hydroplaning (ldo), hitting a bus that was turning, and destroying the car as it went to the side of the road and just got pummelled. Everyone was ok, but I have some lasting side-effects... namely, I cannot drive in the rain.

Now, if the ground is wet and I'm approaching ANYTHING resembling a turn, even just a slight maneuver 10 degrees to the right/left, I totally freak out and slow down. Lately, around a legitimate turn, I apply the brake and most likely turn too hard even going <20 mph. This has caused my car to skid forward and recently do a 180... which further adds to my fear.

Basically, what I need is for someone to seriously teach me how to turn in the rain. How hard do you apply the brake, when to apply the brake (obviously not as I'm turning, which I'm doing now), and how hard to twist the wheel.

Ugh! I suck.