Thread: Coping with ADD
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Coping with ADD

[ QUOTE ]
I think I thrived in sit'n'gos because I was able to develop a strategy that was good enough to crush games, even without any focus. When multi tabling, I often zoned in and out. I was always listening to music, emailing + IMing people, and using internet explorer, even when playing 8 or more tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this interesting that your response to the difficulty was to move to a game that was more automatic. I also found it difficult to multi-table hold'em games, but my response was to shift to other games like PLO, because I found it much more stimulating due to newness and the complexity. But still if I play too much I find that I'm often watching TV, IMing, checking the news, and creating some worthless spreadsheet about sports statistics at the same time, and my "A" game goes out the window.

For meds, I've tried both regular and slow-release Ritalin (Concerta), but I found that I wasn't disciplined enough to take the Ritalin and the Concerta was too uneven (the 36mg wasn't strong enough to ever work and the 54mg was too strong at the start of the day -- leading to side effects like nervousness or fast heartbeat). I also have a lot of trouble remembering to take my meds, even one-a-days. I recently started taking Welbutrin, which is supposed to act covertly (it isn't really a stimulant at all), but I haven't been on it long enough to judge.