View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: i coldcall, miss, then bluff

i hate getting coldcalled by tags OOP. I auto put them on set when the flop drops!
[ QUOTE ]
utg is very loose and very bad. something like 45/22 and I have enough of a hand to play here. threebetting seems worse than coldcalling because I don't mind if the blinds come along here and I've got position on my man regardless.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Guruman is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Guruman calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(3.5:2)</font>, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman says "whaaa??" and bets</font>,

the interesting thing about coldcalling is that my range becomes "any 2 cards" to most people - even though I play tight. and in this case I'm positive that villain just got thoroughly confused with a non-a hand.

I think the coldcall can be a powerful weapon if the spots are chosen carefully - just because it causes so much confusion to a pfr when he whiffs the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]