View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: You wake up and... remember nothing about poker

there are better ways of phrasing a post like this so it isnt completely baseless and hypothetical, but /nit.

1.) i would post and read hands a lot on 2p2, ive been doing this for nearly 2-3 years now and it helps heaps. take some time out of your day to really read posts properly and reply to them the best of your ability, youd be surprised at how much this improves your game.

2.) play a lot, dont set any number of hands goals. just make sure you are able to concentrate on all decisions and are never autopiloting. 1hour of solid 1-2 tabling play increases future ev quite a bit, 10 hours of solid helps a bit more, 100hrs even more etc etc. we never stop improving.

3.) find out whose posts are worth reading on 2p2 and try to figure out why certain posters post the responses they do. try to analyze their games and look at the big picture of gameplan ALL THE TIME. balance balance balance balance!!!

some people say balance isnt important, theyre dumb.

4.) irc used to be good but its pretty ssnl garbage these days so i wouldnt necessarily recommend hanging out in there, talk to people on aim and stuff too.

you can get a coach but the list above is >>> getting a coach.