View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Give me 1 good reason why women shouldn\'t play b-ball on a lower r

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much just more exciting gameplay.

Dunks/alley oops, probably more hard fouls/contact in the paint.

I'm not saying this would for sure save the WNBA and make them a huge sport all of a sudden, but it certainly would make the product much, much more watchable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know nothing about the WNBA, so take this with a grain of salt.

Went to the Sparks home opener as a guest of one of the owners (haha I can't even remember the name of their opponent, something weird, like the Minnesota Lemurs or something) - anyway it ended up being a great game. DeezNuts bet on the under and the teams blew the line by like 30 points, to give you an indication.

The game was highly watchable - they're well coached, great fundamentals, etc. Outside of a couple more alley-oop attempts, and finishes that are dunks instead of lay ins... it's not like lowering the rim would increase their athleticism and make it seem more similar to the men's game. They'll still be slower, less explosive, not jump as high, etc.

It's just a different product from the NBA - not one I would really seek out on a regular basis - but I don't think any amount of tinkering with court size / basket height helps much.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some good points.