View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Examples of Good vs. Bad Advertising (Usage of Models/Actors)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was at the beach this morning, and a plane pulling an advertisement was advertising Subway. I guess they thought beachgoers had never heard of Subway, and would run from the beach in search of some Subway nearby. Worst advertising ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't understand why this is effective advertising?

Group sitting on beach is hungry. They see a banner of Subway. They were about to leave to go eat. Now all of a sudden they're hungry for Subway.

[/ QUOTE ]Well that's not really the point of it, if it was, it can't be cost effective. The point of advertising is to get people to remember the name. You STILL remember the Subway ad from a long time ago. You also talk to OTHER people about Subway. This sounds like the ad was really worth it. Ads are usually designed to get people subconsciously comfortable with the product via name recognition.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand the purpose of an ad. Just because the overarching concept of advertising is to ingrain the idea of a brand into the public consciousness, it doesn't mean that particular branches of a campaign can't be catered to a more immediate reaction.