View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Hold \'Em or Fold \'Em (part 1)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice post ILOVE. I think that when 3tabling 6-max I tend to get into bet bet bet mode and sometimes miss opportunities to c/c and make money. I probably should just play 2 tables but you know I get greedy. It's definitely a c/c for all the reasons you mention. One question to ask is "what hand is he calling with that I beat?" If there isn't an obvious one, c/c to induce a bluff or a bet from a smaller pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I can't possibly disagree more. So he's part of the 2% pool of players who wait till the river with trips...good for him. He has Ace high a ton which he's going to call with but not bet. Moreover if people were that good at valuebetting it'd be correct to sexy a helluva lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah good point in bold. its nice to say that people valuebet any pair because they think you have ace high, but in reality you only think that because you remember all the times you check call ace high and lose. if it were true that they value bet any pair, then like you said c/c cannot be the advice to give - it's c/r.

btw OP post the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting how a bet/fold turned into a c/c and now it's a check-raise! bananas!