View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Who Is the Best Writer Who Has Written a Poker Strategy Book?

Every once in a while, I start writing this post, but quit halfway through, so I don't think I've actually posted.

Anyways, the question is, who is the best writer who has written a poker strategy book, considering writing ability independent of actual poker knowledge?

I'll put the question this way. You are given the ability to imbue any one author with a previously published poker book the most poker knowledge and theoretical understanding of any person on the Earth. This person will be tasked with writing a poker book for your eyes only on the poker subjects of your choosing. This person will be shunted into an alternative dimension where time runs much faster so that the book will be finished in a month or less according to how times runs in this universe. (The Mike Caro rule.) Afterwards, this poker knowledge will be removed from the author so that you can only gain knowledge from the text that is produced. However, you must choose someone who has already written a poker strategy or theory book.

Who would you choose?

Basically, if you could hold understanding of poker constant across all poker authors, who would be the best communicator of those ideas? If all poker authors had the sum of all poker knowledge, who would best organize those ideas into a book for your personal consumption? For example, you could think that Ken Warren has crap ideas, but communicates crap better than more knowledgeable authors communicate better ideas, so you might pick him even if you think his current books are worthless.