View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: How do you play against Novice and Donk players?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Deuce ... lol, fyi, you're one of the people (your comments in another thread/forum) that made me decide to try to figure this out, by asking the question here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would highly recommend you step away from the small stakes limit table full of donks, they'll make you pull your hair out. I occasionally play at the local 3/6 game. I run bad live, it's amazing the [censored] these guys call you down with. In the long run it's profitable if the rake isn't too high. At least in nl or nl mtts you can crush their calling station asses or thin the field.

EDIT: if you want to play donks in mtts, just practice playing micro stakes mtts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad to say Deuce, that's the only brand of poker alowed here, as the max bet is 5 bucks. If you want to live 'large' [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] you can play 5-5 limit poker.

I really want to play poker live, I prefer it to online, as I'm a social type of person, and I find I like to see a warm live body across the poker table.

When ever I try to play online, Donkella and not me, shows up to play instead, simply because of the missing element of the social aspect.

Hence, why I prefer playing live poker, and am trying to get a handle on playing this low limit crap.