View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Putting your foot in it

I'm in Egypt on a peacekeeping mission in 86. Right on the Red Sea. You used to have to pull Company and Battalion runner duty...ans phones sweep floors, etc. My buddy Curtis has Co, I have Battalion. To pass the time, we play chess over the phone, call with move, hang up. About 2AM, I'm tired as hell, I answer the phone and the guy Tells me he has a sheep. I figure its my buddy Curtis screwin around so I play along. I ask him what type of sheep. (He is speaking in an Italian accent BTW) He tells me he has a big sheep. I'm crackin up now. I say, tell me more. He tells me the sheep has guns-Im pissin myself. He tells me the sheep has a da guns and isa in the Red Sea-I swear to God I'm cryin now-picturing a sheep with a gun holster swimmin in the Red Sea. This goes on for like 3 minutes- then the guy says he is with CPU. CPU is the Coastal Patrol Unit manned by the Italians, the radios to the TOC(Tactical Ops Ctr) were out, he called HQ to report. After I empty my bladder I run to the TOC and tell the OIC(Officer in Charge) Crazy