View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And also, just for kicks, that Sheffield quotes seems pretty damning. If you know, you believe that he really said that and meant it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it odd that you assign instant credibility to Sheff's comments because you think they support your assertions....

Yet, you deny credibility to Victor Conte and Greg Anderson, who both testified that while they gave steroids to many athletes, they did not provide them to Bonds.

Not to mention that despite an offer of immunity and secrecy, Bonds denied recieving steroids from Greg.

But....all that aside....and even assuming Sheff's credibility....what does it really tell us that is damning?

Let's examine it:

[ QUOTE ]

...I know I've seen Greg give Barry the same thing I was taking," Sheffield said. "I didn't see him taking those red beans , but I seen him taking this (clear) and this cream here."

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Sheff says he recieved the same thing Barry did, a clear and cream substance.

Greg testified on Sept 3, 2003, that he gave steroids to his "little guys", Benito Santiago, Armando Rios, Marvin Benard, and Bobby Estella.

He never mentioned giving steroids to Barry Bonds or Gary Sheffield.

Greg, in fact, testified that Barry Bonds had never taken "the clear" or "the cream".

The only thing "damning" with this statement is that, for all we know, Sheff and Bonds both recieved flaxseed oil and arthritic balm from Greg.

2. Sheff says he never saw Barry taking "red beans".

Not very damning, considering this would be exculpatory.

3. Sheff says he saw Bonds taking a clear substance, and a cream substance.

Did Sheff see Bonds taking flaxseed oil and arthritic balm?

Even Sheff says he doesn't know, and he isn't sure.

Yet, you think it is "damning" because you project your opinion that you WANT it to be steroids, rather than looking at it objectively.

Funny how that works...huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuo bono?