View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: 11 million dollar verdict against Fred Phelps

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, the family should be able to bury their son in peace without some nutjobs harassing them. But if they are on public property and aren't disrupting anything I don't see what they can do about it. People should be allowed to protest, and almost anything worth protesting is bound to offend someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure about the legal aspect of this, but couldnt it be possible for the government (or whoever deals with this) to put up a "no-protesting-area" inside a 1000 feet radius of the church for a few hours while the funeral is going on? Or are anyone allowed to have an organized protest wherever whenever they feel like?

I think there should be a way to keep those [censored] out of the way during the funeral, and if they feel it is important to protest they can do that somewhere away from the place where the funeral is taking place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I think some old fashioned vigilante justice is the answer, rather than more laws, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You better not say anything that could be construed as offensive to anyone bigger than you, I guess.