Thread: Car buying tips
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Car buying tips

Find out how much all the extras cost on the car. And I mean everything down to the doorlights. Edmunds.com used to have all that info. Basically, you checked all the stuff you wanted, it totaled it up and then you decide how much over that price you want to go. Which was usually about $400. Also note if there are any dealer kickbacks/incentives as you can also use that to lower the price.

[ QUOTE ]
Next time I'd like to go in and own the son of a bitch who's haggling with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edmunds also used to have a template for what the dealers would ask you and how to respond. Let me tell ya, it worked like a charm. It was almost too easy. They actually acted and reacted exactly how the thing said they would while giving you the counters for their acts. Fun actually, to see the salesperson squirm.(I got to literally see it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) It goes all the way down to the finance guy and what to say to him. Basically, you can really piss him off and he still won't want to blow the deal because then he has to answer to the salesman and salesmanager. My finance guy was exasperated when I got done with him and he tried to use some pretty moronic crap on me(like acting like he was calling the manager and pleading my case about the interest like he was my bud).

My bud that I went in there with was thoroughly entertained.

If I get time, I'll try to find the link to that template. It was a few years ago.

b