View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: NFL Playoff Predictions thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It could be the crowd getting them pumped, it could be the turf that helps their speed, it could be the crowd noise they pump in from the speakers but whatever it is, they're better in the Dome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any proof of this, I heard that some NFL teams were complaining about how loud it was in the Dome, but as far as I knew, it was proven false. Do you have a link to the articles concerning this?

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

From Jaguars.com Ask Vic

[ QUOTE ]
Cory from Jacksonville: Have you heard the accusations of the Colts piping crowd noise through the speakers? The NFL isn't investigating it because they don't want their precious Colts to be cheaters.
Vic: Yeah, I was surprised when I read a story that said the NFL is satisfied that the Colts aren’t piping noise into the RCA Dome and that they’re not going to investigate. It’s especially surprising since media people have cited microphones on poles and reported accusations that those microphones are used to capture crowd noise and amplify it when the visiting team comes to the line of scrimmage. ESPN's Ed Werder also reported that the Colts pumped up the volume at the RCA Dome this past Monday. The Colts issued a statement denying the charge. I’ve talked to people who have no doubt that the Colts have been piping in crowd noise. I’m really starting to believe the Colts are being favored by the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question in standard, answer in bold. It's a question and answer part of the website. It's from 12/2/05, the week after the Pitt/Colts game.