View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: NL2: Hit the straight on the river, but do you call the push?

The guy wasn't incapable of folding. If anything, there are more weak-tights at NL2 than you realize. You've got a lot of wannabe Gus Hansens that will bet with nothing and call you to the river for a gallant all in bet, sure, but there are a lot of guys that will see someone dominating a table and try to donk into them and push them off a hand on the flop, then fold to any sort of pressure on the turn. My initial read was that he was relatively weak-tight and was pressure aversive; the idea was that I would call his fairly weak donkbet and see what he did on the turn. If he checked, I'd throw in about a half pot bet (which was, at the time, taking down a lot of pots) and be done with the hand if he bet either the turn or the river. With that in mind, I picked up the OESD on the turn and that changed my plans considerably.

My question was, mostly, how you deal with the flush card falling on the river. I picked up the card I wanted, but the wrong suit; does his line look like he's got the flush? Do you think the pot is offering enough to take the risk of him having hit his draw?