Thread: Am I Stoopid?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Am I Stoopid?

My take on this is that when the river allows a backdoor flush or straight, that is the ideal time to checkraise. Several times that I have check raised the river when I hit backdoor flushes my opponent has folded.

One guy at Commerce 9/18 open folded two pair. Before he folded he said you can't be bluffing here you must have the flush. I said "yeah, only guys in the 20/40 are good enough to bluff that hand" - hoping a little reverse psychology might get the call.

So I'm at Foxwoods 10/20 against fellow 2+2er Signal and the river 6 makes the board 8764x (or else it is K8764). Signal has raised pre-flop and bet every street including the river so he has an overpair (or top pair if the board had a K). On the river, I check then hesitate after he bets, and then I raise. He tosses in another 4 reds and says "I know you have the 5". Well when I flipped my cards over it turned out I didn't. His excuse for calling was that the pot was so big. I just picked the wrong guy - but the upside is that he is going to call just about every river bet I make...