View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: pretty gross AA decision vs tough lag

[ QUOTE ]

against villian described, hes prob not folding 99+ or overs+flush draw+combo draws. 3bet/snapcall/fistpumpetc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just isn't true imo. You seriously think you're getting it in 200bbs deep against 99 here? OP didn't mention villain being retarded, just that he was a tough, tricky, and spewy lag. "Spewy lags" will make a lot of bluffs and semibluffs and such, but that doesn't mean they're going to play worse MADE hands this way, and if he is good like luego says there is no fking way he is raising with a medium pp planning on stacking off 200bbs deep, I just don't buy it at all. If you get all in on the flop you're going to be toast against trips/boat or getting it in against a big draw which has good equity against us. At best we're getting it in against a bare flush draw, which obviously is a good thing but considering that's the bottom of his range here to get it in this deep by 3betting the flop I much prefer calling. Don't forget that by calling you can get it in on a blank turn where their equity with a draw is cut in half, or even better they bet/fold their semibluff. Villain is much likelier to make a mistake if we call the flop than if we 3bet it, period.

100bbs deep yeah 3betting is fine, much likelier for villain to play a worse made hand this way and he already probably committed himself with a draw. But 200bbs deep I think it's insane to believe there is any chance he is going to play 88 like this and happily get it in.