View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: The official EPASSPORTE thread. (#3 of 3.)

In an effort to boost my loading capability from $300 to $500 or more, I added my BoA/VISA debit card to epassporte, did the verification and sent through a $100 load. It went through immediately (less the $5 fee), and I put $100 on Stars. I then got an email from BoA saying they were worried about fraudulent use of my debit card and to call them. It was ass o'clock, so I didn't at that point.
Today I get a call from them asking about the charge. I confirm that I made it. They said they block online gambling charges and epassporte is generally used for online gambling, so they blocked it. They ask if it was for online gambling, and I (foolishly) say "yeah". I then ask to confirm that they said they rejected the charge and they said they did.
Once the call is over, I go onto epassporte and BoA. Epassporte still has the $90 balance it had last night after the load and the Stars funding. BoA still shows the $100 charge (and the $1.25 verification) as pending.

Am I totally boned when BoA cancels the transaction and leaves me with a negative balance on Epass? I was perfectly able to load my account via ACH from the same BoA checking account.