View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
If you haven't, you should have done and I'd agree with CS guy that a lawyer's letter before action may at least jog them into committing to those two things if they haven't already, although a lawyer would not be saying anything you couldn't say yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that a letter from a lawyer can have a much stronger affect even if it says the same thing. Why? Well, first it tells FT that you are represented and getting serious, and that a lawyer may actually take action against them. The lawyer can send a series of progessively stronger letters setting timetables. If nothing happens, the lawyer can state that if certain actions do not occur, suit against FTP may be filed in state or federal court. This would really turn up the heat on them, imagine the publicity to FTP and online poker if the mainstream media picked up on this. A letter from you is likely to be disregarded.

Sillysal, if you decide to contact someone, you would want someone in your state which is where any legal action would likely be filed. If you are in one of those states where poker may not be legal, you have a big problem with that line of attack.