View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Watching others watch the flop

This topic is something I have wanted to get into a bit ever since I saw Private Joker mention it in some post sometime earlier in the year on the Mid-Stakes forum. Not quoting him word for word. He said something to the effect of how when the flop comes, he doesn't immediately look at the flop but he watches the other players and how they react to the flop. I did this more in my game today. Kind of interesting.

Wondering if some of you have your own theories(if any) about the players when the flop hits and their reactions to it. Do they fixate on the flop and stare at it right after they bet or call? Do they look at the flop then look away as they bet? Do they Recheck their hole cards when their are 2 suits out? Do they roll their eyes(in disgust)when all low or all cards come off?, etc etc..... Many more I'm sure

Today I noticed something from one player in my 8/16 game. This guy who was on my imm left when he would lead out on the flop, he looked like he was concentrating on one area of the 3 cards(like the very left or right side)when he bet and also when the turn hit he was still watching the same area. I watched his head and eyes move to watch the cards as they rolled off and I was able to determine what one of his cards was several times and a range of his likely holding. Try it out and watch what area of the flop they appear to be looking at right before they bet out. I wouldn't say it is a 100% effective thing to go on cause I just today noticed it for the 1st time but with this guy I was able to figure what at least one of his cards were several times. He almost appeared to be looking at a single board card

Anyone ever pick up on flop reactions before at all or have anything to add or share? Hey any little edge we can get in this game is valuable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]