View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Best Films of the 21st Century

[ QUOTE ]
Of your top 10 I love 6 of them and haven't seen two of them ("Sex and Lucia" and "Once"). I will definitely see them when I get a chance. I love Paz Vega, I remember I rented "Hable con Ella" because I thought she was in it. She was in it, but only for 15 minutes. I ended up loving that movie, which unfortunately is not on your list (I would have it in mine for sure).
When I saw "In the Mood for Love" the people I watched it with talked a lot during the movie, so I couldn't get into it. I'll try to see it again.
I didn't love Lost in Translation. I thought it was very good, but I didn't love it.
I love the rest of the list. Mulholland Drive was the first Lynch movie I saw and I saw it 3 times in a week. I want to see it again and again.
I loved Amelie, being my favorite movie for a couple of years (until Vertigo by Hitchcock took its place as my favorite movie). I have seen Amelie about 7 times each time with a different person, I try to get new people to see the movie. It is a nice movie that can get people into seeing foreign films.
Before Sunset was amazing. I personally like Before Sunrise more, but I think those are the two best romantic movies I have ever seen.
Lord of the Rings was great. I think Peter Jackson is great, I love his other movies too. I liked King Kong a lot and I thought "Heavenly Creatures" was excellent.
City of God was a fantastic film. It got me thinking for a long time. Great film.
I liked United 93 a lot, but this year I liked Pan's Labyrinth more.

Great list Dom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...I don't Habla con Ella! I'm going to have find this one...