View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Renaissance/Fantasy Faires

bernie,

I have always wanted to go to one of these. I've also wanted to eat at Medieval Times. I think they are the most ridiculous thing imaginable, but seem like they could have the potential to be hilarious. Also, I want to eat a giant turkey leg.

http://www.sffaire.com/

Beetz and I are planning to go to this!

"Knights of Mayhem, a professional jousting troupe made up of actual International Jousting Champions will compete in duels on horseback twice daily showcasing their stunning horsemanship and skillful spectacles in Pas De Arms contests. The Knights of Mayhem boast the very best in jousting, showmanship, horsemanship and Medieval entertainment. Their jousts are never scripted, but simply a way for them to keep fit for the time they face themselves again not as compatriots but as competitors. And as they never pull punches, an unhorsing is ever an imminent possibility. Contests will include spear throwing, ring spearing and cabbage cutting. And then, onlookers will be astounded by the action of the hard-hitting lance-splitting jousting. Hundreds of pounds of man, horse and metal collide and do battle right before your eyes."

"Come cheer swordsmen fighting for the prize:
Throughout the day on Saturday a rapier tournament will be held by St. Michael's Salle d'Armes"