View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Air travel security is retarded - why?

[ QUOTE ]
so, i guess there are some people looking at this when it comes to air travel security, but i def never saw any published reports...

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, for the most part, the flying public is, for lack of a better word, dumb. That means their focus is almost entirely on getting themselves from point A to point B with minimal annoyance or mistakes. That said, oftentimes a simple public reasoning for whatever security measure is going into effect is enough to allow the measure to succeed even at the cost of pissing off flyers incrementally.

Additionlly, as I discussed earlier, you don't necesarily want all of the measures and their exact reasons to be public domain for the simple fact that they become less effective when everyone knows what they are. EX: I worked in the field rather deeply and I officially (as in doing red cell type testing) got handguns throught 8 major western international ariport security checkpoints, both pre and post 9/11. Could I still do it today? Not sure. Would I ever tell you or anyone else not associated with CT/security how I did it? Never!

For the latest in the public dissemination of reasons you can always stop by the DHS website. I doubt they will provide anything as detailed as I did, but you can at least get the official word.