View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Weird situation at Caesars

If the dealer is going to be "ignored" or "yelled at" after pointing out that someone is ratholing chips then that dealer should be calling the floor over. For all we know based on the original post the other player in the hand may/may not know that this player just stuffed who knows how many chips into their pocket. Or they may be a new player who doesn't know you can't do this (this is 1/2 after all).

Whether the dealer gets yelled at or not I still expect them to uphold some basic rules. Or at the very least to call the floor over. At what point would you like the dealer to say something? If they see a player hiding a card to use later should they let it slide because no other player said anything? Should they allow players to slip an extra couple hundred into their stack after they look down and see aces?

Maybe I've just been lucky. I've played in quite a few B&M's and have never seen an instance where a dealer clearly saw someone cheat and just let it go because they didn't feel like saying anything.

Just out of curiosity are you a dealer RR? You have the sound of having dealt in some of these rooms where dealers are having things thrown at them for daring to speak.

(Also I would have less problem with this if it were a higher stakes games where dealers do oftentimes take more of a backseat role of simply dealing out cards and pushing pots. I would put more of the responsibility on the other player in the hand, though I'd still expect the dealer to point out that it happened at least, but this is 1/2...for all anyone knows neither one of the players in the hand even realize anyone has done anything wrong)