View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 04:19 AM

Default it\'s aaron w!!

so i finally met the illustrious Aaron W tonight. i was becoming convinced, after a handful of half-hearted meet-up attempts, that he was avoiding me and my forsaken soul, but we hooked up at Wynn tonight. his plan was to play 15/30. my plan was to sweat him and steal his knowledges, and maybe play 4/8 or 8/16 depending on table conditions.

i watched hands for a few orbits, occasionally remarking, "there's another one i'm going to ask you about later" or "oops, i didn't see your cards. squeeze 'em again?" because i am totally a good sweater. then i wandered off to ogle the degenerates playing 5/10 PLO. then i went and checked out the 8/16 to see if i wanted to play in it.

the 8 looked meh, but it did have a terrible middle-aged asian dude in it who i watched, among other things, go 5 bets OOP and HU on a 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] flop with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (and immediately spike a black 7 on the turn). that was enough to put my name on the list.

i watch aaron play a little more (hmm, now there's 5 hands i'm curious about) then get called to the 8 where i get some good starters that turn to dust and quickly start the session down about 10 bets. i am still grinding a few orbits later when aaron drops by. "oh, hi. i'm taking a walk because i'm over the $1100 mark". aaron is good luck, though, as he watches me complete in the SB with K6o after 4 limpers, c/r the asian dude's LP bet on a K92r flop and take down the pot on the turn. hey, you should drop by more often, aaron.

an hour or so later, i get up to cash out and wish aaron goodbye and good luck, but he is not at the table? did he leave without saying goodbye? i knew he hated me the whole time!

no, aaron is in line in front of me, cashing out 3 racks of red. nh, sir.

after turning my lovely brown chips into american mobnies, i drag aaron around the wynn and pick his brain on a few hands i played and the 6 hands he played that i had questions about (i had written them down on my hand so i wouldn't forget them (lol)). as we wandered around the conference room area, we were accosted by two purple-jacketed security guards who booted us back towards the slot machines and blackjack tables. i am a bad influence.

thanks for putting up with me, aaron! any time you want someone hovering over your shoulder, second-guessing your every move, let me know!