View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: NEW Thailand thread

I'm bored so I will elaborate on that. Basically all the beaches are on the west side of the island, and that house is on the far east. 20 Mintues is optomistic also, in traffic that could be 35-45 minutes usually.

In my opinion the best towns to live in would be Kata/Karon/Kamala. These towns are all touristy, but they are close to beaches and close to Patong, the nightlife centre. NTB lives in Patong, and it's the centre of the tourist trade/sex trade/nightlife. We chose not to live there because houses are much more expensive and harder to find, also the beach isn't that nice. The 3 towns I mentioned are about 25 minutes away, so close enough to go for shopping or nightlife, but they also have very nice beaches and a nicer atmoshpere, constant Go-go bars can get annoying.

A big thing for us in finding a house was timing. We were looking in late oct/nov and many houses that were up for sale didn't want to rent then, because the high season was approaching. If you were looking in april/may/june you would find much more flexible land owners and you could get better houses.