View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Consulting/contracting as an exempt

[ QUOTE ]
oT,

"In your experience, do the extra hours vs. total hours factor in here? For the sake of discussion, what if it was 30 extra hours over 1 week?"

Yes, that matters. BTW, I'm assuming that your "extra" hours were based on a 40-hour normal week. So, putting in 50-55 hours in a week is not something I'd expect any extra for as a salaried employee. That just goes with the territory. Putting 70 hours in when a normal workweek is 40-50 hours is a different story and I'd expect some sort of bonus or time off or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

The chronology was:

Week 1, slightly heavy, toward the end of the week, PM tells us the next week is going to be big, track your hours (just under 60).

Week 2, Nutso, half-day Sunday, almost full day Saturday (70).

Week 3, Hand-holding the last two days. Also, the trip was initially supposed to be one week, then got pushed to two weeks, then got pushed to include the last two days.

[censored]. It was 50 hours in 2.5 weeks. Maybe I'm being penalized or sucking at math. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Anyway, thanks again all for the discussion. I'm going to start looking for a new job...