View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: HU 25/50 really weird spot deep

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a c/r on the turn after calling his flop raise is the best way to rep the nuts and probably how I would have played this hand. Snd if he's in a stubborn mood or tilting and still calls you down you have outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

gonna be hard for me to c/r turn when im in position....

for everyone talking about how bad brian tilts, etc I think you guys underestimate him quite a bit. while he does tilt a bit, he far from "has issues" with it. he's an extremely disciplined player who very rarely lets emotions affect his play aside from perhaps loosening up his range a bit when running bad...

RoundTower; I gotta say I agree with your post on this one. I didn't really understand where Pete was coming from with his adivce either... and the play was IMO justified because both Brian and I know that I play the nut flush (and usually only the nut flush) this way... I just overplayed a semi-bluff/bet for value in this spot.

RESULTS:

I don't feel like finding the HH but I called the turn (a pretty obvious call IMO) and Brian wound up showing TTxx with little clubs, the river blanked, and he wound up taking down a large pot with his aggresive play. Later, he obviously just said that he was tilting and that I was reading too far into the hand when I told him that my play was bothering me, so I just wanted to post this to make sure that I had put him on the correct range on the turn.

Thanks for the responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

well gordo, with his holdings, you played the hand better.....he didnt.

if you knew what he was holding, would you play it any different?

brian better not tilt often because he will be an atm playing like that for 200bb's. i'm not exactly sure but i think he's close to a 40 buyin down swing now mixed with his 50/100 play too. a good chunk of that is from tilt. i dont see where the discipline is.

call it opening up your range but its still a form of tilt. its what leads to aggro tilt. not good.