View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 03:41 AM

Default Re: $10/20 stud/8 (HORSE)--Limping with a Nine in the Door

[ QUOTE ]
Since he's playing $10/$20 I wouldn't think he's a complete moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably not a moron. I think a true moron would have difficulty operating the software, and probably wouldn't have $500 in discretionary income. But the fact that someone is playing $10/20 doesn't in any way mean that he's a decent player. I think that most folks who post here started with some seed money and built up a bankroll which allows them to play at some higher level. Most folks who play poker don't operate like that. They have some discretionary income which they put on some site, and when that's gone, they put more money on that site. For some, that money adds up to thousands of dollars a year. I can think of a few people who I figure have career losses in six figures at Canterbury Park. I think one guy probably lost around $100k a year for a while. Can he afford it? Absolutely.

Anyway, I somehow had this revelation that the limper sucks at stud/8. I will confess that I sometimes have an inflated view of my abilities, but between this guy and the bring-in, I thought that I could maybe squeeze a profit out of this dog. Passing might have been the better option, but this isn't exactly the kind of hand that I have trouble getting away from on later streets.