View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Stud8 - Is this Collusion?

Let me guess Pokerstars or Full Tilt?
(seems like same random generator with different skin)

Basically you have two Donks in the hand - collusion nope.

Word to the wise play close attention to hands played previously especially at Pokerstars where miracles happen and alot of Bingo/Slot Machine players are playing lately in SHL.

The guy with 44 is a Fish who more than likely plays every hand and this is obvious by his starters Q74 all off - not that suited would have been a real imrpovement (this Twit called on third in first position and calls a raise from behind!), if he were a real player and had a real low hand or hidden pocket pair, he would have bet the 44 on turn - predicting that you would raise if you had aces or fold if you had a low that bricked - thus putting pressure on BI to fold or react in any event.

Also if BI had anything he would have raised your bet on 4th to put pressure on the 44 and to find out if you are bluffing aces with a broken low draw.

So now you know they have NOTHING.

So on fifth - the check seems fine given boards but I would be suspicious of Donk 1 and Donk 2 - Seriously if you're BI would you check call a wheel draw (or any low) when you have two callers who on the surface either bricked or have high draws? Please! He's on a freeroll if you two are on high draws.

Though dicey - I might put a bet out on 5th to see what happens - you have been driving the betting and your door cards resemble a Broadway - semi-bluff equity in action.

In this situation, you really needed to know how these two play - now you know.

Also it seems a lot of the Donky Bingo players then try to steal with their boards when they haven't invested any bluff equity into it.

Now that you are out of the way he check-raises the BI to see if he is bluffing - his first real poker move of the hand and you are behind him now unable to call two bets with naked aces - I think he knows this - so perhaps not so Donkish but given starters yes.

So you bounce, and surprise surprise Mr. Q74 hits his Pokerstar miracle - the BI may have had a low (you didn't show his hand) that was rivered by the guy who shouldn't have been in the hand in the first place.

So collusion no - just Pokerstar Bingo at it's finest.

That's my 2 cents.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]