View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Results:

I made the flop bet because two of my four live opponents were very low and unlikely to call me or have me beat, another had only 8700 left so he couldn't fool around with a loose call, so that left only the SB who had already checked. There's over 2700 in the pot and I'm only betting 1200, 10% of my stack. Somebody probably has a club but it could be a low club with nothing else like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so they'll fold, or if one of the short stacks goes all in I can easily call and might even have the best hand. Any A, Q, 9, or club on the turn means someone will have likely drawn out on me, but a lot of those hands won't be able to call a flop bet, especially in a semi-dry pot. Basically my bet was predicated on my hand being likely best but vulnerable, and the other players having fewer chips than me and in bad positions to call. Even if this bet was technically a mistake it couldn't have been a very large one, based on the value of my hand, the pot odds, and the fact that I had the other players covered.

I called on the river and the SB had KT so I dropped down to 2675 and busted soon after.