View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Preflop odds to play speculative hands such as K3s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just one last note on the philosophical side of things.

Do you know how and why poker can be profitable for a player? The number one reason is most likely that other players do not fold enough. It's in practically every poker book written. Tight is right. Wait for good hands and play them strong.

However, in practice, most players simply don't have the patience. They think they do, but they don't. And so these players will play K3s from the SB "just to see the flop for good odds". These are the exact players that the good, tight, successful players count on to be in a pot.

Think about it. If a player can't fold K3s preflop, is he going to be able to fold if a K hits on the flop? I say not bloody likely.

It's up to you to decide which player you are going to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

the entirety of this post is garbage

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your post, and for your concern.

I have no problem folding, and I keep an eye on my see-the-flop percentage, just to make sure I'm not getting out of line.

There are certainly times that I get up in the 20s, but that's usually when there are so many limpers that I'm getting odds to play low pairs, any suited connectors, or to go with a straight or flush draw.

If anything, I tend to a be a little too tight. Basically, I was trying to find out if I was out of line NOT playing certain hands in micro donkaments where 7 of nine poeple seeing the flop is not exactly rare.