View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Caesars 2-5-10: KK vs. Dr. Amir

[ QUOTE ]
i like the 1k/shove line. But is there better? What kinds of hands do you think he could have here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he could have almost anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Would he talk himself into calling with 88-QQ if you just shoved (thinking you have AK)? I'm just thinking that you lose some value vs. TT when an over flops, AK when he whiffs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might call a shove preflop with QQ or AK.
[ QUOTE ]

I think the hand comes down to what his calling range is pre vs. post flop. I don't think you get a lot of value from him postflop unless he outflops you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if he flops an overpair he'll call my shove.

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing to remember is that there's a very small chance of an ace flopping in the first place, and considering the action it is likely that there are only 2 left in the deck. If you like the 2 stage shove enough with AA, I don't think there's enough of a difference with KK all things considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're right. I just looked it up, and apparently there is only an 11.67% chance of an A flopping without a K. Given that, I guess I should just play it the same way as AA. What do I do, though, when an A does flop? I've already put >40% of my stack in. That's what makes it so hard.
[ QUOTE ]

Are you shoving AK, QQ, JJ here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not for 2600. With 1000, I probably would.