View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Brag: I finally beat Linley\'s Dungeon Crawl.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I've looked for a while now and I can't find exactly what "victory dancing" is. I know it's basically doing something over and over in a safe place to increase skills, but I'm not completely sure how skills are increased.

[/ QUOTE ]

It refers to any kind of repetitive activity that improves your chance of winning. One example is casting magic dart at a wall to improve spellcasting/conjurations. Another is lugging weapons to the Ecumenical Temple to sacrifice to Elyvilon for piety.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it work with all skills? Can you increase your weapon skills by attacking the air? How do you increase things like stealth and armor?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to kill stuff to increase fighting and weapon skills. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Stealth raises occasionally when you're wearing light armour and have experience in your pool. Same for armour(except for heavy armour, not light), and armour also raises when a monster hits you while you're wearing heavy armour. Both rise slowly, but you don't need high levels in those two skill anyway. After 15 Armour, returns diminish quickly and I got good benefit from just 9 Stealth.

Luckily, you don't have to do much "victory dancing" to win in Crawl--you can succeed by just playing naturally.