View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Brag: I finally beat Linley\'s Dungeon Crawl.

[ QUOTE ]
I started using the tile version so I could use the mouse for examining and non-directional targetting. It's also easier to recognize pictures of things rather than memorize the ASCII color/symbol. It does seem to be missing some commands though (Ctrl+F saves a waypoint instead of searching).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't know much about tile crawl, but I think it is behind the Darshan patch in functionality. Stash tracking is invaluable.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to get the monsters to regenerate and find them easily? There are times I need quick food, but aren't strong enough to tackle the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the need for food is the primary impetus to descend in Crawl and it keeps the game from degenerating into a scumfest where you sit around and generate monsters and equipment and then win with your invincible character.

The only exceptions are Mummies, who don't need to eat(and can't...or drink potions which is a big disadvantage). Kobolds(can eat anything and eat when not hungry) and Spriggans(hunger very slowly) are also well situated foodwise.