View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Engaged for July - suddenly not ready.

[ QUOTE ]
Your situation is not unusual at all. Everyone feels this way.

I agree with bobo. Be frank. Tell her you are confused and need to work things out. Tell her you don't want to break up and there is nobody else in the picture. Tell her that probably ten or twenty times because she won't believe it. And there isn't anybody else in the picture, there is some chick at work that you kinda like. Once you have been in a relationship for a long time you realize how much work and sacrifice and day-to-day personality stuff affects the way it goes. There are hundreds of women out there that you could date for six months and have a romance with. There are very few that you can be with for years and still have that same thing.

I have been with my girlfriend for almost five years, living together for four of those, and I used to think all the time about other chicks that I was compatible with, or interested in. At this point I can't imagine finding a woman who is actually happy to live with me day in and day out, who always wants me around, and who makes my day better even when I'm [censored] sick of her and she's sick of me.

When you're together for a long time you have some bad times. It doesn't sound very romantic, but I think the bad times tell you whether it's something that can last a lifetime or not. I'm trying to describe the process and I just can't, but I think most anyone who is in a 5+ year (happy) relationship kinda gets it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems many are agreeing with me, yet the OP still has doubts about my advice. NT can I get a special * for my great insight into relationships. Maybe we should start a "dear pokerbobo" column for the confused and committed 2+2ers out there.

Dear Abbey kiss my A**