View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Engaged for July - suddenly not ready.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Based on your post, I would advise to break it off or at least slow it down. Imagine yourself with her in 10 years... imagine yourself with her if she gets fat, imagine if lots of things. If you still are dedicated, go for it.... but sounds like you already want to stray.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do I slow it down? I tell her I'm just not ready now? I need more time to consider? I figure that's going to set off some bells with her...

[/ QUOTE ]

See... even the ladies agree with me. Pokerbobo knows, Pokerbobo is wise. Slow it down means your wedding is 11 months from now. tell her you love her, but are having some issues you need to work out. Ask her not to pick out a hall, or invitations or dress yet, and to give you some time.

She may get upset, may freak out, may be rational and actually ask what the hangup is or how long you think you will need. Be honest as you can... I do not recommend comparing her to the work chick, or even letting her know about that. (nothing has happened, really its just a crush)

Have your talk, and tell her you are willing to set a date of decision if she wants you to, but if she does, and you are still unsure in any way, you will error on the side of caution and not commit.