View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: My biggest leak: stupidity

[ QUOTE ]
I pay off all the time when I know I'm beat and villian sucked out. It's all about ego and you have to get rid of it. The take your hand off the mouse tip works. Pokey did an article in micro stakes NL long ago titled "WAIT!". It just advises you to take time with EVERY decision and not only will you see you are beat, but it could give you that extra two seconds you need to convince yourself to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes even thinking doesn't help. You remember that hand when Daniel Negreanu flopped the nuts on High stakes poker, and Erick Lindgren made four of a kind and he moved in on the river? Daniel couldn't beat anything. He thought for a long time, but he couldn't fold even against such a big nit as Erick. It is something like that with me also sometimes.

And TNixon, it is not called stupidity, it is called steaming.

I think it also has something to do with the mentality that you don't care for losing. I have that mentality sometimes, when money just doesn't mean anything and I don't care if I lose more because I am so used to losing. It is called tilt.