View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Official November Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last night I was out at a bar with friends in town for thanksgiving, I had to talk about poker with a lot of people, an exgirlfriend asked me how much I make from poker, I told her I didn't want to say, then added, "but its more money than i'd ever thought i'd make at any other job in my entire life" haha oops, not sure how that came off.

I always end up trying to downplay poker but I think it just makes people more curious, and then I'll end up saying something dumb because I still feel like I have to prove myself. Oh yeah also before we left to go to the bar we talked about how my friends and their parents joke about coming over to my house to watch TV and use all my cool stuff before it gets repossessed because I lost everything.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was at bar last night and there was a debate about something so i looked up answer on my iphone, guy i kinda know from high school was like 'is that one of those apple things?? OH YEA THATS RIGHT I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH A BUNCH OF RICH KIDS' and i said 'whatever man i bought it with my own money' and he said 'what do you do?' and i said 'i play poker' and then he laughed and this story sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way I've found to deal w/ these situations is the following: Buy a pimp ass watch and wear it when you go out. This way people already know you make a very good living and when they ask how much you make, you won't have to validate yourself w/ a real answer. These days I usually just go w/ "I've been fortunate" or "I've done pretty well for myself to this point" or something like that that doesn't come off as to over the top....

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], I dont wear a watch. Maybe I can get some super bling chain.

But really I would rather people not know how much I make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate when people ask either how much I make(like in a year), or how much I make per hour.

I normally put it off, say something like : "it goes up and down, tough to tell exactly". also I'm 22(finishing next semester prob), so I'll mention its enough to have a nice car, pay all my bills, and have extra money to travel, buy nice things.

I wonder what would happen if I told them : ah, made 70k last month, but I'm on a small bad run, down 25k in the last 2 days I've played